Dermal fillers, also known as "injectables" or "soft-tissue fillers," do just what their name suggests -- they fill in the area under the skin.Some fillers are natural and some are synthetic, but they all work to improve the appearance of aging skin in the following ways:
- filling in wrinkles, fine lines and deep creases
- improving other imperfections like scars
- filling out thin or wrinkled lips
- plumping up cheeks
- contouring the jaw line and other areas of the face [source: American Academy of Dermatology]
Most fillers are temporary and require repeat treatments to maintain the results. Temporary fillers offer one key advantage. Our skin continues to age, and fillers can be injected as needed to fill the lost volume.Dr. Mash & her professional certified injectors are experienced in injecting all popular dermal fillers. Dr. Mash is also a National Trainer for the use of many dermal fillers. She has been featured in both print and local television spots for her skills and treatments.The results of injections of dermal fillers vary from patient to patient due to age, skin tone, and volume loss. The best way to determine if dermal fillers are right for you is to request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION. Our Patient Care Coordinator will help you create a cosmetic plan and will assist you in making the correct choices.JUVEDERMJuvederm is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid dermal fillers used to provide nine months to one year of correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth). It is not recommended for use in lip augmentation.Juvederm products are a smooth consistency gel, compared to some hyaluronic gel products that have a granular consistency. Juvederm products are developed using the Hylacross technology to allow a smoother, malleable gel. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the body. Hyaluronic acid works by holding in water at the injection site and acting as a cushioning agent. It adds temporary volume and a smoother appearance to skin. Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal results.Some Juvederm XC products also contain the local anesthetic lidocaine for a more comfortable injection. Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC both contain 0.3% preservative-free lidocaine and numb the treatment area within seconds. The Juvederm Ultra Plus products contain more highly cross-linked formulations for volumizing and correction of deeper folds and wrinkles.request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATIONVOLUMAJuvederm Voluma is frequently used to revolumise the cheek, cheekbones and chin. As the filler is placed deep within the tissues, it adds support to the overlying skin, and restores facial contours.Clinical trials have shown that the volumising results of Juvederm Voluma can last up to 18 months. This can vary from individual to individual.Request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATIONRESTYLANE
Restylane® Lyft joins Restylane®, indicated to correct and smooth smile lines as well as to augment the lips, and Restylane® Silk, the first and only treatment that is approved for lip enhancement and the treatment of wrinkles and lines around the mouth. Dr. Mash has all three fillers in the Restylane® family of products.The active ingredient in the Restylane® fillers is hyaluronic acid, a protein prepared from a similar protein that occurs naturally in our skin. In its natural state, hyaluronic acid surrounds collagen, a structural protein that resembles a rope in length, flexibility, and hardness. By coating collagen and other structural proteins, hyaluronic acid acts as a cushion for our skin.The natural occurrence of hyaluronic acid is one of the reasons this substance is used as a filler. In fact, hyaluronic acid is used worldwide more often than any other material. It seldom causes allergic reactions and can be molded into place like putty or clay. It looks natural after injection and its effect can be reversed by simply injecting hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid.You can expect a more youthful facial appearance that is consistent with the way you look now and your age range, as the lost volumes of key areas described above are filled with the appropriate Restylane® filler. The transformation may be profound or subtle, but looks natural and is safe. Family and friends will notice a change but may not be able to identify it.Although the benefits of hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary, you can expect your improvements to last 4 to 12 months with Restylane® and 6 to 15 months withRestylane
® Lyft.Dr. Mash and her expert professionals will discuss with you in your complimentary consultation all options and benefits of Restylane®.Request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION to see if you are a candidate.
RADIESSE is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin. RADIESSE is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. This filler works immediately to add volume under the skin, and, over time, the benefits of RADIESSE continue by naturally stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last a year or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long-lasting.Why choose RADIESSE?
- RADIESSE immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen.
- Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres (calcium hydroxyapatite), leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
- RADIESSE is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients.
- RADIESSE provides results with high patient satisfaction.
- RADIESSE is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection-related pain.
RADIESSE is a viable option to help provide a long-lasting, natural look while immediately smoothing wrinkles.request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
Sculptra Aesthetic is not an overnight miracleand is not a quick fix. It is the first facial injectable that gives you subtle results over time, replacing lost collagen. Sculptra gives you a more natural-looking appearance, without "giving you away." A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, an average of three injection sessions over a few months, can last more than two years.Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds, that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades.Sculptra Aesthetic is targeted for use in:
- Deep folds between the nose and the mouth, or, smile line
- Lines framing your mouth (marionette lines)
- Chin linesSculptra may take several treatments, and results happen slowly over several months.request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
In the world of injectables, Jeuveau also known as #NEWTOX is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a period of time (temporary).Jeuveau prevents your nerves from telling your facial muscles to flex. The result? In clinical trials, Jeuveau was shown to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines. In 2 long-term safety studies, patients received an average of 3 treatments over the course of 1 year.Jeuveau is almost the same as Botox treatment since both are extracted from the same type of bacteria. Botox is basically a neuromodulator and Jeuveau works on the same principle to smooth out the creases in the face. Botox is an established brand and is not the name of the standard neurotoxin drug.Jeuveau, aka #NEWTOX, is developed by Evolus and the first aesthetic only neurotoxin approved in the U.S.
BELOTERO BALANCE is an injectible gel and a prescription injection that is used to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate to severe nasolabial folds as well as other untreated, stubborn, etched-in lines and wrinkles around your lips and mouth. Clinically proven safe and effective, BELOTERO BALANCE:
- Helps smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in facial lines and wrinkles
- Feels natural to the touch
- Maintains normal movement and facial expressions
- Is a quick, easy treatment that provides immediate, noticeable results
- Requires little to no downtimerequest a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATIONAs skin loses elasticity with age, the lines that run from the sides of your nose toward the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corner of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) appear more noticeable.Restylane Refyne and Defyne are specifically formulated hyaluronic acid dermal fillers made with XpresHAn Technology™ that help correct these lines for a more natural look to your face. The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane Refyne and Defyne is also designed to help support your natural expression—for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when you're smiling, frowning, and even puckering up.Restylane Refyne and Defyne are designed with XpresHAn Technology™ to help soften laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). This can help you restore a more natural look to your face while maintaining your facial expressions. So, you always look like you.